Wednesday, January 6, 2010

We should've watched this for our Study Abroad Prep class


So I watched Paris Je t'aime the other day, which I think everybody who likes French culture should. We really ought to have watched this in my study abroad prep class. I mean the security stuff and intercultural diplomatic thingy were all nice, but I could've summed it up in about 30 minutes. It really shows the real urban mix in modern Paris. It doesn't just show a specific class or race of people, but instead that Paris is truly a diverse group. It even shows the vampires of Paris. Be warned however that this is Rated R in the US, for those who haven't seen one or know what that means, it means it's REALLY good.

Some of the stories were kinda like what? I didn't get it. But in general they were all good pieces showing love in Paris. My favorites were Tuileries, Bastille, Tour Eiffel, Place des Fêtes, and Père Lachaise. Oh and don't forget Faubourg Saint-Denis, with Natalie Portman that took me a few times to get it. And of course the final 14e Arrondisement with the American woman speaking very poor french. I'm sure I'll relate to that, but hopefully I'll be having me some sweet loving, unlike her.

Tuileries: Avoid eye contact on the metro, or else...

Bastille: I'll never look at a woman in a red trench coat the same again.


Tour Eiffel: Cute story about Mimes. xoxo.

Place des fêtes: Reality of Paris and Love. Sometimes you only have one chance to love.

Pére Lachaise: I'm gonna need to be funny to get a girl.

Fauborg Saint-Denis: LOVE this story about a blind guy and an American girl.

14e Arrondisement: Lonely American in Paris. But she ends up falling in love :)



1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious! I hope you're have a ton of fun over there. We miss you in the office.

    ReplyDelete