Monday, January 25, 2010

Quickie at the Eiffel:


So yesterday we had class for the first time. French 201 seems pretty standard. Since I took accelerated French last semester it's schedule is about the same. We only have 90 days here and class is not 5 days a week like it is back in Provo. Then I went shopping at BHV Homme! It was the happiest time of my time here so far. I finally found a place with nice stuff at an affordable rate. Earlier we keep going to these really expensive places that when on sale...at 50% off it's still hundreds of Euro for a pair of jeans or some slacks. One place I got excited to see 60% off.....but it was 60% off of 1000 Euros.

I'll show pics of my new coat later. I also bought a man-purse (the lady assured me it's very masculine) and then got a shirt with skulls on it. The lady told me it's called tête à morte in French. She thought it was funny I liked stuff with skulls on it.


Skye wasn't feeling well so it was just me Rose, Brooklyn, and Mike that went to the Eiffel. We were gonna do a Paris walk but didn't have enough time to get back to the Ricks' for family night. And we just saw the Eiffel Tower was right there and so close we just decided to walk there. Not many people there which was good and it was so exciting. I think our whole lives we always seen it as a symbol of romanticism which is what made is to exciting. It was weird to see these French soldiers in Machine guns patrolling around but at least it's safe right?

We decided we didn't look good enough to take too many pics yesterday, so we'll take more later on and when Skye feels better.

The whole gang (minus Bleue):

This post has been updated a bit.

1 comment: