Saturday, February 20, 2010

"Flea Market" Walk, and my Fabulous Destiny!

So today I did another walk! It's called the Flea Market walk, but it's not really a flea market, at least not the ones I'm used to. It's more of an antiques/collectibles mall! Here's a few pics of what it looks like, with the pics that I was able to sneak without the owners seeing. It's cool but they're all expensive and all look the same after awhile. They just gild the furniture with gold and do the same fleur-de-lis like designs. Oh by the way, CC if you're reading this don't worry, I finished walk #10 so only 11 more to go then I can blog more about whatever I want.


I'M WATCHING YOU TOO!

Then I followed my own walk based off of the movie Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain! Here's where the beginning of the movie starts out in Montmarte, with the cobblestone streets:

And here's the mean grocer, M. Colignion's place:

This is the station Amélie takes the blind guy to, but it wasn't as cool because there was no accordion music, nor was the street connecting even the same as the one she took him down. The ones around the station weren't very lively at all.

And of course we couldn't do the walk without visiting the place she works at, les DEUX MOULINS!

It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be, and way crowded now that it's famous plus it was a Saturday. Notice the gnome in the background:
I love the table papercloth thingy they had! I wanted to take it home instead of eating on it ( I ended up spilling water over it anyways haha).

And the food I got was a Tartare! It's like raw ground beef with onions and some good spices and onions. It was deeelish. I didn't feel it was raw at all. Courtney got a burger medium rare, but it's more like a rare for an american like her haha and she couldn't finish it. But if you ever get a chance you should try this:

1 comment:

  1. friend!
    its fun to see you blog! I am really jealous of all the fun you are having! man...its cool to look at your pictures and see places that I have been...and other places that I think- dang I should have gone there! haha...except for I dont know French. so I am sure you are having a heck of a lot easier time getting yourself around places than I did. live it up! MuCh lovE!!

    ReplyDelete